Terms & Conditions for Motorcycle Sidecar Touring
Captain Barnacles Tours Liability & Indemnity Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement. Download.
Minimum Participation Requirements.
All participants must:
- complete and sign a Liability Indemnity Release & Assumption of Risk Agreement prior to Tour
- be at least 16 years old, OR if a minor under the age of 16 be accompanied by parent or guardian on the tour. All minors require signed Parental/Guardian permission. There are no concessions for minors.
- be in a fit and healthy physical condition – not recommended for people with back health issues
- weigh no more than 110kg
- have a blood alcohol limit of under 0.05
- not be under the influence of drugs or other substances that may affect your concentration, coordination and
- not be in the final trimester of pregnancy
- wear safety riding gear (provided)
- wear enclosed shoes and long pants
We may seek verification of the above participation requirements in whatever manner we see fit.
You acknowledge that we may deny you the right to ride if you do not satisfy the minimum participation requirements; you behave inappropriately; endanger yourself or others and/or do not comply with all our reasonable instructions.
By booking and paying for a tour, you are confirming that you have read and understood the information and policies contained in the “Terms and Conditions” and “Liability Indemnity Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement”. ALL participants prior to the commencement of the tour must sign a copy of the liability indemnity release and assumption of risk agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, you will not be able to participate in any of our motorcycle tours.
Booking & Payment Policy
- Captain Barnacles Tours operate 1 Harley Davidson Road King Classic Motorcycles with Premier Sidecar for the purpose of Motorcycle Sidecar tours. Tours are for a maximum of 2 participants.
- Bookings can easily be made on our secured website by selecting your preferred tour.
- If you wish to enquire about a customised “Design Your Own Adventure Tour” please contact us directly to request a quote.
- Full payment of the tour is required at the time of the booking; promo codes and vouchers can be redeemed at the checkout.
- Captain Barnacles Tours uses the secure FareHarbor booking system for bookings and payment. FareHarbor fees are applied at checkout and are payable by the customer.
- Tour prices specifies costs for 1 or 2 people and includes GST. See Tour descriptions for inclusions and exclusions.
If for any reason you need to cancel your Tour, the following charges will apply.
Charges are based on the agreed date and pickup time.
- Up to 7 days prior the tour date: 100% refund
- Between 7 and 3 days prior the tour date: 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours from the agreed pickup time: 0% refund
All changes to reservations and cancellations can only be accepted in writing via email.
At our sole and full discretion, Captain Barnacles Tours reserve the right to:
- make changes to the itinerary without notice, if there are safety or logistical reasons for a change.
- postpone or cancel the tour if we consider it to be unsafe to proceed. In such circumstances, Captain Barnacles Tours will provide you with as much notice as reasonably possible. You will have the choice to book a new Tour date within 6 months of original Tour, receive a gift voucher for the same value of your purchase OR receive 75% refund of your payment. Gift vouchers are transferable but not refundable.
- If bookings are made in currencies other than Australian dollars, there may be variances in refund amounts, when compared to the amount initially charged; Captain Barnacles Tours will not be liable for any variance.
If there’s a chance of heavy rain or storms on the day of your booked tour, we will give you the option to:
- participate in the planned tour regardless of the weather conditions, if we deem it is still safe to operate.
- rebook your tour within 6 months in a date and time agreed by Captain Barnacles Tours.
- get a gift voucher for the same value of your purchase.
- cancel your booking and accept a 75% refund. If bookings are made in currencies other than Australian dollars, there may be variances in refund amounts, when compared to the amount initially charged; Captain Barnacles Tours will not be liable for any variance.
Once you have agreed to commence the tour, we have no financial obligation towards the customer should the weather deteriorate during the tour.
Gift certificates are transferable but not refundable.
Pick up and Drop off Policy
We offer free pickup from Canowindra, Cowra and Orange. If you prefer, we can also pick you up from a different location with an extra charge of $2.00/km calculated from Canowindra. This will only apply if it takes us out of way or can’t be worked into the Tour itinerary.
Please be ready at the pickup location 15 minutes prior to the agreed departure time. We always allow 15 minutes leeway; if any customer exceeds this, we reserve the right to terminate the tour at full cost to the client, or we agree to wait, with an additional charge of $30 AUD per 15 minutes.
Our Tours are carefully designed to pick you up and drop you off within the time frame of the tour, however we are not responsible for any delays caused by external factors, like traffic conditions, weather, etc. No extra charge is payable for unforeseen delays while on Tour.
If, for any reason (except severe weather), we are forced to terminate the tour, we will arrange suitable transport to get you the drop off location safely at our cost, and you’ll have the choice to receive a credit of the same value of the tour, or a partial refund based on the remaining time of the tour not experienced.
Customers can request a different drop off location to the pickup location prior to commencement of Tour. This will be accommodated only if it does not impinge on other commitments. This may incur additional charges.
Safety & Equipment
All participants in the tours are required to wear the protective gear provided, including helmets, riding jackets and gloves. For safety and comfort, participants must wear sturdy jeans and enclosed shoes, like runners or low-heeled shoes with a non-slippery sole.
Given that all the personal protective equipment is provided by Captain Barnacles Tours, you’ll just need to bring with you a valid ID, mobile or compact camera, and sunglasses. Bottled drinking water is provided by Captain Barnacles Tours.
For safety reasons, any item that will not fit in the bike panniers, sidecar boot or in your pocket will not be allowed on board. Handbags and small backpacks are usually fine. For overnight tours a trailer will be towed – so bring the kitchen sink if you like (joke).
During the booking process, the system will ask you to include some general body measurements and other required information, such as your gender, weight and height. This will help us estimate your helmet and jacket size.